Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Where I'm at and where I hope to be.

In August 2010 I commenced my studies with Childbirth International (CBI) - I enrolled in the Birth Doula, Postpartum Doula and Childbirth Educator courses, and hope to one day complete it with the Breastfeeding Counsellor course.

I have relished the study, and aside from the readings and study itself, I have started a library of my own with lots of pregnancy, birth and parenting related books. One day soon I hope to have a list of recommended reading on here.

In December, I finished the theory component of the "Birth Doula" course. Now, I need 2 clients to complete the course and gain certification.

I have moved on to the Postpartum Doula course now (which has some common units), though with Christmas and New Years haven't made much progress. I am hoping this year to give myself some 'allocated study time' where my husband takes the kids out and lets me study in peace. When that is completed I will do the Childbirth Education course.

My aim is to complete all three courses by the end of 2011, so next year I will be a fully certified Birth Doula, Postpartum Doula and Childbirth Educator!

I am based in Moranbah, QLD, but will service many areas of Central Queensland including Mackay, Clermont, Dysart and Emerald (other areas can be arranged).

At the moment I am in need of two clients to work with antenatally, during birth, and in the postpartum period to gain my qualification. Therefore I am offering my services for a donation towards my costs (amount at client's discretion).

Please contact me at nurturedbyjen@hotmail.com if you would like any more information.

I have so many ideas about things I'd like to write about on this blog. Upcoming topics will include: Mother Baby Separation vs Kangaroo Mother Care, APH and PPH, Birth and Sex, What can a doula do for you?, Birth Options for Rural Women and more. These are particular interests of mine, but more and more new interests are arising the more I study/read/experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment